Re: access to local media on thin clients

On Wed, Feb 22, 2012 at 12:04:04AM +0100, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:

> [Holger Levsen]
> > I'd prefer not to. As you said yourself on irc, we should treat this
> > rc1 as the release - and thus not introduce potential harmful changes
> > - what if the machine has not floppy but zip drive, or two cdroms?
>
> Yeah.  Lets move slowly here, and make it an option for now.  I added
> the script to /usr/share/debian-edu-config/, and those that want to use
> it can symlink it to /etc/ltspfs/mounter.d/.  When and if we get more
> experience with it, we can make it the default.

I've added ltspfs-mounter-dolphin to the same place. It should avoid
bringing up the file manager if the machine has a floppy.

As far as the manual is concerned there are a lot of options now to
describe. (Simple access to local media is - as far as I had to learn -
a major point for acceptance.)

Wolfgang