Re: access to local media on thin clients

[Wolfgang Schweer]
> Good job.

So, should we include something like this in the default setup?  I
guess we should add code to detect Gnome and not start konqueror in
this case.  If we add this stuff, should we drop the notification?

> There's a drawback though concerning machines with a floppy drive (at
> school we've got a lot of them). Ltspfs shows the floppy even if no disk
> is in the drive. While this is no harm when only the notification is
> shown, it's sort of irritating the user, when konqueror pops up _before_
> the Desktop is shown. Furthermore it's not useful to have that konqueror
> window cause no floppy was put in :(

Any way to detect that it is a floppy?  My machines are floppy-less,
so I can't test it myself.
--
Happy hacking