Re: access to local media on thin clients

On Tue, Feb 21, 2012 at 06:53:17PM +0100, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
> I tried this, and it seem to work just fine:
>
> root@tjener:~# cat /etc/ltspfs/mounter.d/edu-test
>
> #!/bin/sh
> case "$1" in
>  add)
>    konqueror $2 > /dev/null 2>&1 < /dev/null
>    ;;
>  remove)
>    ;;
> esac
> root@tjener:~#

Good job.

There's a drawback though concerning machines with a floppy drive (at
school we've got a lot of them). Ltspfs shows the floppy even if no disk
is in the drive. While this is no harm when only the notification is
shown, it's sort of irritating the user, when konqueror pops up _before_
the Desktop is shown. Furthermore it's not useful to have that konqueror
window cause no floppy was put in :(

Wolfgang