Re: Educlient (still very raw)

Of course I keep on going,

just because I'm one of them...

I need Ubuntu for several proprietary
packages; otherwise I'll pick Debian, that in my opinion is way better.

Now I'm hanging with the autofs question. I have to test again but
it seems that only Ubuntu 1004 have a good implementation; all other
suffers, like debian wheezy, the fact that autofs starts to early
in boot phase and, after not finding LDAP server, hangs and only
a manual restart fix the problem.

But I have also a terrible dought. I don't know if this behaviour is
qemu related, or if it reproducible on real devices (suche that
for exemple qemu freezes from time to time the virtual network...).
In fact also PXE installation hangs, and I have to type a couple of
times "autoboot" before network boot occours.

>From time to time, I also observed hanging of autofs also on
plain Edu workstations...

Would be nice if somebody who have a real testing server could test
my package. Unfortunately I don't have enough hardware to do it.

Regards

Giorgio

P.S: Im running qemu in Wheezy amd64, on a i3 with 4 GB ram