Re: subnet-change tool

[John Ingleby]
> Results from retrying the subnet-change tool:
>
> 1. First time around I entered root's password in error, not the
> "first login" or LDAP password, and no doubt this produced the
> previous odd-looking results

Actually, the LDAP admin password is the same as the original root
password.  It is the one you are expected to type in to run
subnet-change.

> 2. Second try - entered the LDAP password, and obtained correct
> results as Petter shows below. Can now connect to our existing network
> - success!

Given that the initial user do not have full LDAP admin access, I doubt
this could have worked.

> 3. However, I can't login with the "first-login" and thin client
> doesn't discover a DHCP offer.

Strange.

> 4. Attempted "/etc/init.d/isc-dhcp-server start" and received error
> message "Cannot find host LDAP entry tjener"

This will only work after a reboot.  I hope you rebooted after running
subnet-change.

Perhaps subnet-change should do the reboot or at least ask the user if
the reboot should be done right away?
--
Happy hacking