Re: Cannot print from diskless-workstations

Den 20. mai 2012 20:52, skrev Ole-Anders Andreassen:
Anyone who has succeeded printing from diskless workstations, and willing to share the recipe ?

OleA

On 18. mai 2012 15:09, olea@skolelinux.no wrote:
Hi Ole,

On Fr 18 Mai 2012 14:10:10 CEST  wrote:

Added Printer in Cups.

When I boot the machine as a thinclient I can print, but not when booted
as a diskless-workstation. I do not see the prinet.

I can't find much info about adding printers in the squeeze-manual,
other
than using CUPS.

I added the printer to NIS Netgroup printer-hosts, this didn't help.

Any suggestions?

put

    /etc/init.d/cups restart
    /etc/init.d/autofs restart

into /etc/rc.local of the diskless workstation chroot on the LTSP server.

Both services (autofs/CUPS) fail from time to time. It is a race
condition issue between those services and network-manager (which
sometimes is coming up with an IP address too late).

Mike

Hi!

Tried this, but it didn't help.
I edited /etc/rc.local using "LANG=C chroot /opt/ltsp/i386/ vim
/etc/rc.local"

No printer on the diskless workstation, but I can print testpage from Cups
and from thin-clients.

Do you know if the printers are also missing from standalone workstations?

I guess the diskless workstations needs a config that says it can use the server as printer server, and it works with the thin clients since the print server is local.

--
Marius