Re: Cannot print from diskless-workstations

Hi Ole,

On Fr 18 Mai 2012 14:10:10 CEST  wrote:

Added Printer in Cups.

When I boot the machine as a thinclient I can print, but not when booted
as a diskless-workstation. I do not see the prinet.

I can't find much info about adding printers in the squeeze-manual, other
than using CUPS.

I added the printer to NIS Netgroup printer-hosts, this didn't help.

Any suggestions?

put

  /etc/init.d/cups restart
  /etc/init.d/autofs restart

into /etc/rc.local of the diskless workstation chroot on the LTSP server.

Both services (autofs/CUPS) fail from time to time. It is a race condition issue between those services and network-manager (which sometimes is coming up with an IP address too late).

Mike

--

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM
mike gabriel, dorfstr. 27, 24245 barmissen

GnuPG Key ID 0xB588399B

freeBusy: