Re: access to local media on thin clients

On Fri, Feb 24, 2012 at 10:44:31AM +0100, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
> [Wolfgang Schweer]
> > Done. I've just committed an updated version of the script. Leave
> > Gnome on it's own, let dolphin show up in KDE and LXDE. Please check
> > it.
>
> I believe it is better to check for gnome the same way edu-notify
> already do it, and commited this version instead.

One last rant ...

Instead of XDG_DATA_DIRS one could check DESKTOP_SESSION which is set to
(case sensitive) gnome, kde, LXDE respectively.

It might then be possible to bring up the default LXDE file manager
pcmanfm if running LXDE on thin clients. I failed to code that :(
Seems to be some problem concerning $2 if several cases have to be
checked.

Wolfgang