Re: Educlient (still very raw)

Hi

On Sat, Feb 11, 2012 at 08:50:30AM +0100, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:

> [Giorgio Pioda]
> > Fine, really amazing! For the next release I'll propose a NMU ;-)
>
> Please keep working on it.  I know several that are interested in a
> working solution to convert ubuntu clients to Debian Edu clients. :)
>
> Note that the .ldif files are only used on the server, so they should
> not be part of the client setup.

Yes, I'll remove them.

> Also, the LDAP server SSL certificate should not be stored in the
> package, but fetched from the LDAP server using
> /etc/init.d/fetch-ldap-cert (normally on the first boot).

This is more tricky. In itself copy the init.d script is ok. The bad part
is to find the correct timing to call it. I don't want to have
additional boot conflicts. If I place it in rc.local it would be too late
for the first boot, so double rebooting woul be needed, I guess. In all other
cases the dependencies are not easy to solve, and different for each OS-version.

> Please update the source. :)

Thinking right now to do it, since I have a fix for autofs that seems to make sense.

How it works with svn. Do I need keys ? Are the uploaded sources transformed automatically into
a .deb ? I've never used alioth.

Best regards

Giorgio
--