Re: diskless workstations / setup

On 30 March 2011 14:16, RalfGesellensetter <rgx@gmx.de> wrote:
> Dear Oded,
>
> thanks for your mediating approach ;)
>
> Am Mittwoch, 30. März 2011 schrieb Oded Naveh:
>> I don't understand why would there be an dhcpd on an LTSP?
>
> There used to be dhcpd on eth1 (192.168.0.254) to serve thin
> clients on a separate network.

If you connect a normal full workstation to eth1 of an ltspserver, it
will get a 192 ip address, and you can still log in as ldap user,
without it being a member of the workstations netgroup. I think this
is pretty cool because it saves static ip addresses in the 10 range,
and saves me putting mac addresses into tjener.
I expect its not supposed to work like that, right?

cheers
nigel