RE: diskless workstations / setup

[RalfGesellensetter - Wednesday, March 30, 2011 7:16 AM]

> Dear Oded,
>
> thanks for your mediating approach ;)
>
> Am Mittwoch, 30. März 2011 schrieb Oded Naveh:
>> I don't understand why would there be an dhcpd on an LTSP?
>
> There used to be dhcpd on eth1 (192.168.0.254) to serve thin
> clients on a separate network.

Thanks Ralf, I didn't know that, probably because I never used a separate
LTSP server. I assumed an LTSP server will propagate request to tjener, bah.

That seems to be at the root of the misunderstanding on my part because
I never had problem running/configuring disklesses on the 192.168.0.0/24
as I was only using one dhcpd.conf.

>> I believe there should only be one - system wide.

Still do.

>> For all I know tjener (what ever that means, I take it for main) has
>> been
>
> Tjener is the Norwegian transliteration for "Server" or even
> "Servant", AFAIK.

Thanks again.

Odd.