Re: Linux-PC blocked/filtered in the network.

[Ole-Anders Andreassen]
> What kind of things should I test to document, or find the problems?
> So far I have just used MTR to document slow respons, wget
> --no-proxy to document that www hangs and ends time out, ifconfig to
> show NiC settings, and route...

Comparing tcptraceroute and traceroute might be useful.  A tcpdump of
a hanging session might be useful too.

What you describe sound slighly similar to the problem we experienced
at a gathering, where some transparent firewall (Firewall 1, if I do
not remember incorrectly), were unable to parse HTTP headers with unix
line endings and simply refused to handle such HTTP connections.

Happy hacking,