Re: r72930 - trunk/src/debian-edu-config/debian

[Holger Levsen]
> Thats what we thought at first too. Sadly powerdns and bind9 also
> need different values (!) for the cNAMERecord attribute...

Your comment was about kde vs. gnome, right?  That was what I was
answering.

The rest of your comment now seem to be about powerdns vs. bind, which
was not what I was discussing.  It is as you say, a lot harder.

I do not really thing anyone care much about bind vs. powerdns.  I
know I do not.  I do on the other hand care about delayed vs. direct
DNS updates, where powerdns give us direct DNS updates after updating
LDAP, while bind give us delayed updates.  I would very much like to
have LDAP changes take effect imedidately in DNS.

Happy hacking,