Re: r72930 - trunk/src/debian-edu-config/debian

Hi,

On Sonntag, 13. Februar 2011, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
> It is technically not very hard.  It would involve asking a debconf
> question before pkgsel is running in d-i, and setting the
> tasksel/desktop debconf value.  This is the same operation that is
> done based on the desktop=kde/gnome kernel argument used to select
> gnome vs. kde vs xfce vs ... at the moment.

Thats what we thought at first too. Sadly powerdns and bind9 also need
different values (!) for the cNAMERecord attribute...

> The problematic part is explaining to teachers installing Debian Edu
> for the first time what the options mean and why they should be forced
> to select one of them.  Perhaps it only should show up in
> debian-edu-expert installation mode?

Totally, if at all. The default should be bind and thats what should be
documented and taught.

When we suggested this option we were rather thinking about giving the
Extremadura deployment a means to easily go with powerdns - but maybe they
dont need it?

cheers,
	Holger