NFS4 ready for production / Debian-Edu?

Hi Doug,

I hope you don't mind if I contact you from the data of your web site.

We currently implement kerberos authentication in Debian-Edu,
( http://www.skolelinux.org    http://wiki.debian.org/DebianEdu )
and on the way I got pointed to your great Kerberos/LDAP/NFSv4 HOWTO:

    http://www-theorie.physik.unizh.ch/~dpotter/howto/kerberos

Our KDC is already running fine and I plan to implement some sort of
network file system now. We discussed (some of?) the various
possibilities and currently "know" AFS or NFS4.

For me it looks as if NFS4 is the most simple and best choice, but it
has been pointed out that it might not be 'ready for production' yet.

>From your HOWTO and webpage it looks as if you have quite some
experience concerning it's use in the university / educational fields:
Do you think NFS4 is ready to use in 'production', i.e. as a school's
network solution?
It would be great if you could share your experience concerning NFS4's
stability/usability or recommend alternatives.

Many thanks in advance, best regards

     Andi