Re: Linux signpost?

[Andreas Tille]
> Exactly.  I wonder if anybody might care about this.  I'm a bit
> concerned about the lot of packages mentioned there but they are
> neither in Debian nor can I find them on a skolelinux driven server.
>
> And I also care which packages that are really relevant and inside
> Debian might be missing from the tasks list if it is that badly
> maintained.

While I agree that more time could be spent on updating the tasks, the
tasks are not really unmaintained.  The focus is just what packages
are installed during d-i installation, and non-existing packages is
not really a problem that need to have priority over all the other
stuff that need to be fixed in Debian Edu before Squeeze.

Some of the nonexisting packages have been added to the list to make
sure we remember they exist and check them out some time in the future
to figure out if they should be included in Debian or not.

I would be very happy if someone would spent time on reviewing these
packages to see if the packages listed in tasks but missing in Debian
should be uploaded to Debian.

Happy hacking,