Re: Linux signpost?

On Wed, Jul 7, 2010 at 12:09 PM, Andreas Tille <andreas@an3as.eu> wrote:
On Tue, Jul 06, 2010 at 10:54:49PM +0200, Arnt Ove Gregersen wrote:

> Some of the static content is a bit outdated, but the dynamic content of the
> software has been exported from the debian package system and is quite up to
> date.

I admit I have not found anything which might fit the "dynamic content
exported from the debian package system".  Can you please be more verbose
about this specific part?

A lot of the software in the following link have exported their description, screenshot  and category tags to the Linux Signpost:

http://www.slx.no/en/debianedu-lenny-software-overview-en

Software that already existed in the Linux Signpost was not updated with new description from Debian Packages, but screenshots were added if missing and all the debian package tags have been stored there as well.

In how far does it compare to

  http://blends.alioth.debian.org/edu/tasks/

which I would consider dynamic content of Debian packages.

Yes, the ibg difference is that the software is organized different in the Linux Signpost and the users can contribute content as well.

BR
Arnt Ove Gregersen