Re: Linux signpost?

On Wed, Jul 07, 2010 at 11:31:22PM +0200, Arnt Ove Gregersen wrote:

> A lot of the software in the following link have exported their description,
> screenshot  and category tags to the Linux Signpost:
>
> http://www.slx.no/en/debianedu-lenny-software-overview-en
>
> Software that already existed in the Linux Signpost was not updated with new
> description from Debian Packages, but screenshots were added if missing and
> all the debian package tags have been stored there as well.

OK, thanks for the information.  Did you tried a comparison between the
content of Linux Signpost and the software in the Debian Edu tasks.  I'm
a bit concerned about the fact that the tasks are not properly maintained
any more.  As I wrote in a recent mail to the Debian Edu mailing list
(lists.debian.org is currently not reachable - so I can't search the
archive for the link) the tasks are quite badly maintained and do contain
a lot of packages which do not exist any more - my guess is that there
also are a lot of interesting packages missing but nobody seems to care.

> Yes, the ibg difference is that the software is organized different in the
> Linux Signpost and the users can contribute content as well.

Do you see some chance for enhancement for the Debian Edu tasks?  In how
far do you see a chance to merge back the user contribution?  On the
tasks pages the user can also contribute.  Users can translate
descriptions (or enhance existing descriptions), they can provide
screenshots and they might also go for DebTagging (which is probably to
technical for target users, but anyway).  So if you have some user
contribution, could you try to evaluate this and probably turn this into
bug reports about enhanced package descriptions or something like this?

Kind regards

      Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de