Re: tested the edu-squeeze image: some comments

[Olivier Vitrat]
> Hi,
> I'm interested in testing the new version of edu-squeeze.
> I've downloaded the ISO at
> http://ftp.skolelinux.no/cd-squeeze-test-dvd/ (from 23rd june) and did
> the installation on real hardware.

Very good to hear, and glad to hear that it work.  At the moment we
change it so quickly that it is broken part of the day almost every
second day. :)

> 1) I had the new screen asking to configure KDC, but it is not
> localized. I had it in english, it should be in french especially to
> help beginners to understand what it it used for. Don't know if the
> problem is only for french language.

This is new, and we are not sure we want to keep it, and we have not
asked for translations because of this.  If we keep it, it will be
translated.

> 2) The step "Building ltsp chroot" (or someting like that, can't
> remember) failed, but I don't know why. Where can I find the
> installation log to see the complete error message ?

The installation log is in /var/log/installer/ after installation.

> 3) I had a lot of errors (or warnings) about python scripts (something
> about "ge" not initialized...) during all the installation. Don't know
> it this is a problem. Maybe I can see it in the same error log than 2)

Which profile did you install?  I do not believe I see it when I
install using main-server+thin-client-server and norwegian bokmål.

> 4) When I started KDE on the server, the clock was not at the right
> time, even if I've specified the correct timezone during the
> installation. Can this be fixed ?

Did you install from DVD?  If the machine is on the net during
installation, the clock will be set based on the NTP protocol.  Not
sure what we can do about it for DVD instals.

> I can do other tests on this real hardware if you want. I have no
> problem to rsync & burn & reinstall again the ISO if needed... well,
> not every day ;-)

Great.  Perhaps you can check translation status for French on

Happy hacking,