Re: Bits from the release team and request for discussion

Hi Holger,

On Mon, Aug 03, 2009 at 12:36:15PM +0200, Holger Levsen wrote:
>On Montag, 3. August 2009, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:
>> Please include a URL, to ensure we are talking about same things.
>
>I think it's quite obvious about what we are talking.

Thanks for confirming that we are talking about same announcements.

>> Please also note that the earlier announcement was targeted the
>> general public, whereas the newer one was targeted developers only.
>> So for the outside world their earlier announcement still stand.
>
>and then you give a link to the 2nd announcement to the public:
>
>> [2] http://lists.debian.org/debian-announce/2009/msg00010.html

I accidentally flipped the URLs. I believe my claim above is still
correct: freezing in time was targeted the general public, and slight
weakening was targeted developers!

>> >With the old and now to be discussed plan, the idea was to actually
>> > support skipping a release.
>> Please provide a reference, I am quite interested in understanding
>> this issue.
>
>Luk said so in his talk, the video will be available when it's ready
>:-D

Thanks for clarifying.

Kind regards,

  - Jonas