Re: Bits from the release team and request for discussion

On Monday 03 August 2009 12:02:27 Steffen Joeris wrote:
> On Mon, 3 Aug 2009 06:29:59 pm Holger Levsen wrote:

> > Wrong. http://wiki.debian.org/DebianEdu/Documentation/Etch/Upgrades has
> > instructions how to upgrade.
>
> There have been efforts to tell people how to upgrade, but I am fairly
> certain that the official position has always been that we advice people to
> reinstall. That is not to say that we try to give them upgrade instructions
> on a best- effort base.

I seem to remember reading something along these lines too but can't point to
any reference,
however we can't claim to support upgrades without thorough testing, so we
shouldn't.
We can state that upgrades may work, if we don't test it at all :-)

Odd.