Debian-edu supports upgrading?

On Wed, Sep 16, 2009 at 01:58:56PM +0200, Holger Levsen wrote:
On Mittwoch, 16. September 2009, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:
>[1] http://wiki.debian.org/DebianEdu/Documentation/Lenny

I believe it makes sense to emphasize that upgrades are not supported
either, and that above documentation is not considered official.

Wrong. the above linked documentation is our official documentation.

I agree that the documentation is the official canonical development source for Debian-edu documentation.

I disagree that documentation there imply official support.

Do Debian-edu treat Debian bug#311188 as non-important (like Debian) even when Debian-edu deliberately and by design trigger that very bug as part of all Debian-edu installations (unlike Debian)?

This is a prime example our Extremadura discussion of of 99.9% versus 100% Debian: Debian-edu is working towards becoming but is not yet a Debian Pure Blend. Which means Debian-edu cannot rely on Debian bug tracking even for Debian parts, as bug tracking is *not* just tied to packages themselves but also their context in a 100% Debian environment.

Kind regards,

 - Jonas