Re: Change password in Samba and ldap

Hi,

Oded Naveh schrieb:
> Roland Wolters wrote:
>> Hi list,
>>
>> I do wonder how to change the password in samba as well as ldap at
>> the same time - best as a normal user.
>>
>> The ldap part is clear - kdepasswd comes to my mind which is even user
>> friendly. However, this doesn't change the samba password. For that I
>> could use sambapasswd, as long as the smb.conf has the option:
>> unix password sync = no
>>
>> However, that still requires the user to do two steps to keep the
>> passwords synced, which is indeed kind of embarrassing. Also, I'm not
>> sure if it is ok for the daily work to keep the above mentioned
>> option set to 'no' instead of the default 'yes'.
>>
>> Any experiences or ideas on that?
>
> On Skolelinux system?
> (http://wiki.debian.org/DebianEdu/Documentation/Etch/GettingStarted)
> Have you tried lwat? (https://www/lwat)
> Or have I missed the point?

The point is, if users change their password on workstations /
thinclients using passwd, it only chages the unix password, not the
samba password.
So if a student changes his password using 'passwd' on a terminal, he
still needs his old password for a Windows Machine joined in the
skolelinux domain.

Best wishes,
--
Philipp Hübner
Tel.: +49 (0) 21 61 / 46 43 - 122

credativ GmbH, HRB Mönchengladbach 12080
Hohenzollernstr. 133, 41061 Mönchengladbach
Geschäftsführung: Dr. Michael Meskes, Jörg Folz