Change password in Samba and ldap

Hi list,

I do wonder how to change the password in samba as well as ldap at the same
time - best as a normal user.

The ldap part is clear - kdepasswd comes to my mind which is even user
friendly. However, this doesn't change the samba password. For that I could
use sambapasswd, as long as the smb.conf has the option:
unix password sync = no

However, that still requires the user to do two steps to keep the passwords
synced, which is indeed kind of embarrassing. Also, I'm not sure if it is ok
for the daily work to keep the above mentioned option set to 'no' instead of
the default 'yes'.

Any experiences or ideas on that?

Regards,

Roland
--
Roland Wolters
Tel.: +49 (0) 21 61 / 46 43-181

credativ GmbH, HRB Mönchengladbach 12080
Hohenzollernstr. 133, 41061 Mönchengladbach
Geschäftsführung: Dr. Michael Meskes, Jörg Folz