Re: Switch to iceweasel as the default browser?

[Klaus Ade Johnstad]
> Lørdag 26 juli 2008 10:25, skrev Petter Reinholdtsen:
> >  2 Create a file /usr/share/debian-edu/common/share/config/kdeglobals
> >    with this content:
> >
> >      [General]
> >      BrowserApplication=iceweasel.desktop
>
> I add these lines to /etc/kde3/system.kdeglobals :
> [General]
> BrowserApplication=!x-www-browser
>
> Then by just updating x-www-browser I can have kde using that browser
> for all applications and actions.

Sound like a better idea than listing the desktop file directly.  And
using the trick from Jonas, we would make sure x-www-browser keep its
value.

> This works with kde in Etch, don't know about Lenny, or Gnome.

Neither the iceweasel.desktop nor !x-www-browser seem to work in
Lenny.  I get konqueror when clicking on a URL on the desktop, no
matter what I do. :(

Happy hacking,