Re: Switch to iceweasel as the default browser?

[Holger Levsen]
>> After testing both konqueror and iceweasel for multimedia support, I
>> suspect it is a good idea to switch to iceweasel as the default
>> browser in Lenny.  As far as I can tell, it would involve these steps:
>
> Have appropriate bugs been filed?

Not by me, at least.  Have no idea where the error is.  In konqueror,
amarok seem to be the default application to use for video, which do
not make sense to me.  I suspect the missing media might be related to
this.  Got some flash sites working by installing the gnash plugin for
konqueror, but the mplayer-mozilla plugin do not take effect for most
media types.  I've filed some bugs for kaffeine, but as I do not
understand when mozilla plugins are used and when "direct" konqueror
plugins are used, I do not know what to file for the rest.

>>  2 Tell KDE to use iceweasel for web pages and URLs (maybe not needed
>>    if x-www-browser is updated?)
>
> Will this keep file type URIs keep handled by konqueror? It should.

I do not know.  The konqueror file browser is still available, and
will be available in the future too.

Happy hacking,