Re: [Announce] New tasks web Bpages for all CDDs

Am Freitag, 11. Juli 2008 schrieb Andreas Tille:
> On Fri, 11 Jul 2008, juergen.leibner@t-online.de wrote:
> >> Or members of group cdd (at least if I not set permissions wrong).
> >
> > cdd group is readonly ;-)
>
> Ahh, my fault - this was not intended.  But if you change this please
> drop me at least a note to let me propagate your change to SVN -
> there is no guarantee that I might mistakenly override your changes
> by current content of SVN ...

In any way, I can not change anything there.

> > As you can read on http://wiki.debian.org/DebianEdu
> >
> > DebianEdu is a Debian project to make the best distribution for
> > educational purposes.
> >
> > Skolelinux is the name of a CustomDebianDistribution which is
> > produced by the DebianEdu project.
> >
> > So if my understanding of the two sentences above is correct, the
> > skolelinux logo should be the right one here.
>
> It seems like nitpicking - but we oftenly stumbled upon this case
> so I at least want to make you aware that you are linking to another
> page that has a contradictory definition:
>
>     http://wiki.debian.org/CustomDebian
>
> says:
>
>    Custom Debian Distribution (CDD): a _SUBSET_ of Debian that is
> configured to support a particular target group out-of-the-box.
>
> SkoleLinux is not (yet) a subset of Debian and thus there are
> conflicting opinions on this.  I personally have a quite pragmatic
> point of view and just would like to support what finally helps
> users.  The point is that the term Custom Debian Distribution is
> missunderstood to estimated 80% because it is siumply misnamed and
> does not express what it really is - just 100% included in Debian.
> To avoid further watering down this term I try to feature this
> careful kind of pickyness and would like to see a *real* decision
> instead of just having you or me just putting our favourite image on
> top of the page.

I do not want to discuss this question of live here.
I thought there was a mistake / failure in your confs and wanted
silently correct that. But I failed doing it because of having no
rights to do so.

So, if there should be a picture / logo or whatever graphical stuff on
that page configured in that config file, it has to be a valid url so
that it can show up.

Thats my conclusion of this thread, hopefully ending up here now, as you
are right saying that it's like nitpicking. ;-)

--
Greetings, Jürgen Leibner