Re: Install extra-xdg-menus by default for desktop profiles?

[José L. Redrejo Rodríguez]
> you have to belong to students or teachers group. If not, a fast
> hack to work as root is removing the checking at
> /etc/destkop-profiles/debian-edu-menu.listing to make it work. Don't
> forget to execute /usr/bin/update-profile-cache before login to
> force desktop-profiles update it.

Ah, right.  Added root as a member to students, and got the new menu.
The "lost and found" entries are gone now.  Got the 'educational' menu
up, and it look god.  It is missing translations to norwegian bokmål,
though.  That is an issue we need to address.

Perhaps we should have a way to activate it by default for all users
on a host, by adding the host into a netgroup?  I suspect it is a good
idea for larger installations.

Happy hacking,