How to test the Lenny test build for Debian Edu (Was: Program Launcher of Sidux-Edu)

[Ralf Gesellensetter]
> So maybe I should just ask, where to get the most recent builds for
> lenny - and if there are any test reports available yet. Sorry if I
> failed to follow any news - only recently I have some spare time
> (called holidays).

This seem like a good cue to report how to test the lenny build.
There are two builds at the moment, i386 CD (netinst) and
i386/amd64/powerpc DVD.

  rsync --progress -vt ftp.skolelinux.no::cd-lenny-test-i386/debian-edu-i386-CD-1.iso debian-edu-i386-CD-1.iso
  rsync --progress -vt ftp.skolelinux.no::cd-lenny-test-dvd/debian-edu-amd64-i386-powerpc-DVD-1.iso \
     debian-edu-amd64-i386-powerpc-DVD-1.iso

I have tested the netinst CD recently, and main-server and
main-server+workstation is working fairly well.  The squid
configuration in main-server is broken (not accepting connections),
but the rest of the services seem to work fairly well.  The
thin-client-server profile is broken, as the ltsp installation udeb is
broken in lenny.  A fixed version is in sid and we are waiting for it
to propagate into testing.  I have not tested the standalone profile
recently, no idea if it work.

In expert mode, there are a new profile in addition to the old
barebone profile (which have changed name to minimla).  This new
profile is Sugar, with the software used on the OLPC.

Please test. :)

Happy hacking,