Re: Volunter for helping Celestia into Lenny?

On Mon, May 12, 2008 at 01:25:05AM +0200, Guus Sliepen wrote:

> By the way, Celestia 1.5.1 was released a few days ago. I doesn't
> contain too much changes, but be sure to check it for any added
> models/textures. I tried to compile it but its configure script is
> suddenly unable to find the KDE libraries anymore. Once I get that into
> shape, I'll remove any suspect models/textures from the upstream tarball
> and upload a (more) DFSG compliant set of packages, and try to put the
> rest into a celestia-nonfree package. That doesn't mean the license
> status of all the data files doesn't need checking anymore; please
> continue invesitating, it is greatly appreciated!

I just uploaded Celestia 1.5.1, split into a dfsg and non-free source
package. The dfsg sources provide the same binary packages, but the
celestia-common package now misses virtually all planetary maps and some
models that were identified as non-free in bug #174456. These have been
moved to the non-free source package which provides one binary package,
celestia-common-nonfree. The celestia-common package suggests
celestia-common-nonfree. Since Celestia works fine without the non-free
files, there is no need to move it to Debian's contrib section.

I hope this will finally move Celestia into testing. If you find there
is still questionable data left in the dfsg packages, or if I accidently
moved too much to the non-free package, please file a bug with the
appropriate severity level.

      Guus Sliepen <guus@debian.org>