Re: Volunter for helping Celestia into Lenny?

On Sun, May 11, 2008 at 10:57:10PM +0200, Carlos Cuevas wrote:

> Today I finished the first list of model/texture packages which are used
> in celestia and some information with license, there is a few
> models/textures which they will need a clarification. Anyway this list
> is an early version since I have NO up to date information, last week on
> May the 6th I sent a mail to developer and package maintainers without
> response yet... I hope they will answer soon with some more information
> for continuying.

Oh sorry, I saw you sent it To: the upstream maintainer and only Cc'ed
Kees and me, I thought you were only expecting an answer from upstream.
As far as I know there is no real up to date list.

By the way, Celestia 1.5.1 was released a few days ago. I doesn't
contain too much changes, but be sure to check it for any added
models/textures. I tried to compile it but its configure script is
suddenly unable to find the KDE libraries anymore. Once I get that into
shape, I'll remove any suspect models/textures from the upstream tarball
and upload a (more) DFSG compliant set of packages, and try to put the
rest into a celestia-nonfree package. That doesn't mean the license
status of all the data files doesn't need checking anymore; please
continue invesitating, it is greatly appreciated!

      Guus Sliepen <guus@debian.org>