Re: Educational Debian

Torsdag 27. mars 2008, skrev PS:
> I am Paul Schenker, co-founder of CampOS, a Gentoo-based
> client/server system aimed at schools. We have a clean working system
> in operation, with 99.9% uptime since over 3 years,  and we
> concentrate now on the creation of school applications. Marketingwise
> we are not yet very active.

Interesting news I'll say :)

> I would be interested to explore the possibility of cooperating with
> educational Debian - like Skole Linux.

Yes. In Skolelinux we got a tradition for reaching out, cooperating on
several levels, with several projects. GNU/LinEx in Extremadura
Spain[1] and Edubuntu[2] are two such communities we cooperate with:

1.
http://developer.skolelinux.no/brev/cooperation_statement_debian-edu.txt
2. http://wiki.skolelinux.de/Kooperation/Edubuntu

We are planning an international "On Ramp" conference and developer
gathering June 5-8 early this summer. The agenda is twofold. First we
will share experiences with schools which have switched to free
software for several years with users who consider a switch. Second we
will organise a standard Skolelinux/Debian Edu developer gathering,
with an international focus. I'm just now in communication with Agder
University to host this event. They are positive to our proposed
program, but I need final confirmation from the institute we are in
contact with.

Anyway, why don't you join us in June?

Best regards

Knut Yrvin