Re: New XOLiveCD 080321

On Wed, Mar 26, 2008 at 05:26:34PM +0100, José L. Redrejo Rodríguez wrote:

>El mié, 26-03-2008 a las 09:04 +0100, Kurt Gramlich escribió:
>> dear Skoletuxe
>>
>> A new release 080321 of the Livebackup XO-LiveCD is available

>Just two small questions:
>- why so much resolution is required to test it if the XO has lower
>resolution?
>- has anybody tested this on a ltsp environment?

It is a LiveCD.  I don't think a LiveCD integrates well with LTSP.

The GUI part of the XO system is Sugar.

Core Sugar packages is in Debian Sid but broken due to bug#472103.
Unofficial working packages is available through APT using one of the
following (for amd64 and i386):

   deb http://debian.jones.dk sid sugar
   deb http://debian.jones.dk lenny sugar

I have not tested Sugar with LTSP but it works fine with the alternative
(and now abandoned) lessdisks.

With "core" I mean that the infrastructure to navigate between "Home",
"Friends" and "Neighbourhood" is there, but very few activities is
packaged yet.

If you want to try out more avtivities, backports/sideports of an
earlier packaging effort for Ubuntu made by Jani Monoses is available
here:

   deb http://debian.jones.dk sid sugar-old
   deb http://debian.jones.dk lenny sugar-old

Beware that if you mix sugar and sugar-old (you can just list them both
on a single APT line), some of the old packages will override the newer
ones due to different versioning of those packages.

Help packaging Sugar activities is much wanted.  If interested then
please subscribe and raise your voice over at the mailinglist
debian-olpc-devel@lists.alioth.debian.org [1]. :-)

  - Jonas