Re: Should tasksel be installable on all archs?

On Sun, 27 Jan 2008, Otavio Salvador wrote:

We could drop laptop-detect for those other arches too and make it
logical for everyone.

Not sure it is more logical to have to handle s390 specially, instead
of just depending on laptop-detect and leave it to that package to
know if the architecture got laptops or not.

I think that there're quite a few arches without laptops and it allows
us to solve it not only for s390 but for all those involved arches.

Well, what about a package "hardware-detect" that shows the features of
laptop-detect and does something useful on hardware that has no laptops?

Kind regards

         Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de