Re: changing the default syslog daemon for lenny?

2008/1/28, Holger Levsen <holger@layer-acht.org>:
> The main reason is that we need/want to configure syslogd via debconf (or any
> other policy complient way) for remote logging and the sysklogd maintainer
> doesn't want to provide it. See #370339 for details.

I find it surprising that the maintainer himself has not pronounced
his standing on the issue. The only reference to the maintainer is a
cut & paste note from an IRC log which might or might not be true.

The maintainer hasn't even tagged this issue (which is open for almost
2 years) as 'wontfix'. (!)

Regards

Javier