Re: should we ship iceweasel (firefox) on the first cd?

Knut Yrvin wrote:
- Canonical were able to keep the Firefox brand. See this blog: http://www.markshuttleworth.com/archives/79

- By negotiate, it could be possible to make a win-win deal for both Debian-Edu and Mozilla. I don't know if this works, but Chris Beards blog sums up an opening:
  http://cbeard.typepad.com/mozilla/2006/10/mozilla_and_ubu.html

Thanks Knut, this was very interesting reading.  The fact that Ubuntu
was able to keep the Firefox brand after negotiating with Mozilla implies
that this is more a matter of principles than it is extra work load.
And typically Mark Shuttleworth, being a businessman, understands the
importance of the brand name.

It is probably not too late for Debian to reconsider its position on this
very important issue.  Unless, of course,  the only politically correct
position in our camp is "Mozilla has sold out", "Ubuntu has sold out", etc.

Halvor