Re: should we ship iceweasel (firefox) on the first cd?

* Knut Yrvin
> > 2. Deliberate a bit more with Mozilla Foundation, because the Debian
> >   people did not have time for now to negotiation. Canonical pulled
> >   this of.

* Holger Levsen

> Knut, can you please rephrase that, I dont understand what you mean.

- Debian did not got time to negotiate with Mozilla about using the
  Firefox logo before Etch release. So possible negotiations were postponed.

- Canonical were able to keep the Firefox brand. See this blog:
  http://www.markshuttleworth.com/archives/79

- By negotiate, it could be possible to make a win-win deal for
  both Debian-Edu and Mozilla. I don't know if this works,
  but Chris Beards blog sums up an opening:

  http://cbeard.typepad.com/mozilla/2006/10/mozilla_and_ubu.html

Best regards

Knut Yrvin
--
Community Manager / Developer Tools - Trolltech ASA
cell: + 47 908 95 765, phone: +47 21 60 27 58