Re: authentication failure

niklas.gunnas@infos.se skrev:
>> Niklas Gunnäs skrev:
>>
>>> Have added the ltsp machine in lwat and changed in /etc/dchp3/dchp.conf
>>> but still no luck.
>>>
>>> Logfile says
>>> ltspserver00 sshd[4535]: (pam_unix) authentication failure; logname=
>>> uid=0 euid=0 tty=ssh ruser= rhost=ltsp253.intern  user=testa
>>> ltspserver00 sshd[4535]: pam_ldap: error trying to bind as user
>>> "uid=testare,ou=People,dc=skole,dc=skolelinux,dc=no" (Invalid
>>> credentials)
>> Are you able to bind using ldap directly, something like
>>  ldapsearch -xLLLWD uid=testare,ou=People,dc=skole,dc=skolelinux,dc=no \
>>              uid=testare uid userPassword
>
> Tried it on the thin-client and main server and get (after entring root
> password)

/me bad :(

it should have been
 ldapsearch -xLLLWZD uid=testare,ou=People,dc=skole,dc=skolelinux,dc=no \
            uid=testare uid userPassword

> ldap_bind: Confidentiality required (13)
>         additional info: confidentiality required

The Z in there will give the nrequired confidentiality

>> You should get a prompt for password, and you should be able to see
>> something like this on the output:
>>  dn: uid=testare,ou=People,dc=skole,dc=skolelinux,dc=no
>>  uid: testare
>>  userPassword:: <some hashed information>
>>
>>> What have I missed? done wrong?
>> Hard to say without local access and more error-logs.
>
> What more error logs should I look at?

Try stopping nscd with the command
 invoke-rc.d nscd stop

nscd can give you headache until things have stabilized.
Try stopping nscd on both the  main-server and on the thin-client-server.

>> Have you changed anything from the default setup (like network setup etc?)
> No changes, but needed to enter 10.0.2.2 for tjener and 10.0.2.1 for
> gateway at installation of main server. Thin client server with no
> changes.

So you do have an existing server ? Can you log into that one ?

>>> One more thing, Swedish dont work after the installation all
>>> menus/programs are in english.
>> I guess that is because noone has tested it. Although it should work.
> Have reported this as a bug on debian-edu vers. 2, 3.0 r0 and r1 have the
> same problem.

Then you're the only one who cares about swedish, at least enough to
make it work.

--
Finn-Arne Johansen
faj@bzz.no http://bzz.no/