Re: authentication failure

niklas.gunnas@infos.se skrev:

>>> Tried it on the thin-client and main server and get (after entring root
>>> password)
>> /me bad :(
>>
>> it should have been
>>  ldapsearch -xLLLWZD uid=testare,ou=People,dc=skole,dc=skolelinux,dc=no \
>>             uid=testare uid userPassword
>>
>>> ldap_bind: Confidentiality required (13)
>>>         additional info: confidentiality required
>> The Z in there will give the nrequired confidentiality
>>

> Get ldap_bind: invalid credentials (49)

Again, hmm, maybe it's caused by a wrongfull copy of the certificate in
/etc/ldap/ssl.

Does it work when you try the above ldapsearch (with -Z) on the
main-server ?

Did you try logging onto the main-server directly ?

> Tried to loggin at the thin client server with testare, I get errormessage
> thats says problem with starting kstartupconfig. When testing command su -
> testare it says no catalog, loggin in with HOME=/

That's because it fails to mount $HOME. It could be caused by a
wrongfull or missing certificate, or that the ltspserver is missing from
the host netgroups that are allowed to connect to /skole/tjener/home0

Which IP-address does the ltsp-server have ?
what does this command give you when issued on the main-server:
 getent netgroup ltsp-server-hosts

>>> What more error logs should I look at?

i guess running debian-edu-test-suite and making the logs availible
could help, but I'm not sure I have the time to look at them the next
couple of days.

>> Try stopping nscd with the command
>>  invoke-rc.d nscd stop
>>
>> nscd can give you headache until things have stabilized.
>> Try stopping nscd on both the  main-server and on the thin-client-server.

Did you try stopping nscd ?

--
Finn-Arne Johansen
faj@bzz.no http://bzz.no/