Re: authentication failure

Niklas Gunnäs skrev:
> Hi
>
> Have made a fresh debian-edu install and have some problems.

Nice to see that someone is testing in Sweden as well :)

> I can loggin from the thin client as root on the ltsp but not as a
> regulare user added on tjener/lwat. Have added a user called testare
> with password testare. On the ltsp machine I can getent passwd testare
> and get correct information from ldap/tjener and su - testare on the
> ltsp works fine.

When you say "the ltsp", is that a thin-client or a Thin-client-server ?

> Have added the ltsp machine in lwat and changed in /etc/dchp3/dchp.conf
> but still no luck.
>
> Logfile says
> ltspserver00 sshd[4535]: (pam_unix) authentication failure; logname=
> uid=0 euid=0 tty=ssh ruser= rhost=ltsp253.intern  user=testa
> ltspserver00 sshd[4535]: pam_ldap: error trying to bind as user
> "uid=testare,ou=People,dc=skole,dc=skolelinux,dc=no" (Invalid credentials)

Are you able to bind using ldap directly, something like
 ldapsearch -xLLLWD uid=testare,ou=People,dc=skole,dc=skolelinux,dc=no \
             uid=testare uid userPassword

You should get a prompt for password, and you should be able to see
something like this on the output:
 dn: uid=testare,ou=People,dc=skole,dc=skolelinux,dc=no
 uid: testare
 userPassword:: <some hashed information>

> What have I missed? done wrong?

Hard to say without local access and more error-logs.

Have you changed anything from the default setup (like network setup etc?)

> One more thing, Swedish dont work after the installation all
> menus/programs are in english.

I guess that is because noone has tested it. Although it should work.

--
Finn-Arne Johansen
faj@bzz.no http://bzz.no/