Re: network setup?

Am Samstag 08 Dezember 2007 schrieb Frank Lienhard:
> and don't let the installer be able to run the network config, which
> then is changed to default without a note.

Hi Frank,

apparently you've been trapped by your own precognition. While our CDD
is based upon Debian, you should not expect to have the full
functionality of D-I. As the debian-installer has been tweaked to be
preconfigured to the max, it is still available in the underground, but
you won't be able to evade the special settings of Debian Edu.

It has been discussed a lot how to make the default IP settings more
flexible. As a result, there are detailed sections in the user manual
on how to change your IP (one option being an additional router).

To make you understand the messages you got:
Environment http_proxy is probably set to "http://webcache:3128"; while
webcache is mapped to 10.0.2.2 by DNS on tjener.

Additionally there is an automatic proxy definition for Mozilla and IE,
setting browsers' proxy settings to the same value.

In case you find further dependencies yet undocumented, please tell us -
or write your findings directly to any of other wiki pages.

Regards
Ralf