Re: terminology

Hello.

On Thu, 2007-11-22 at 17:20 +0900, nigel barker wrote:
> Looking at the release info, I am wondering about a couple of things:
>
> "low-fat clients" sounds crappy. I know this has been discussed before,
> and I'm sorry. I'm pretty sure the term should be "thick client", but I
> know a lot of you guys think that's wrong, in which case you could use
> "semi-thick client" or stick to the old "diskless workstation", which
> actually conveys more meaning I think.
>
> The Skolelinux / Debian- Edu business. If its a CDD, then shouldn't it
> be called Debian-Edu? What is the impression of the name skolelinux in
> different countries and languages? Skolelinux is not a distro based on
> Debian - its _part of_ Debian, right?

Skolelinux as a brand name is well-established and the dual name is
mostly there to satisfy situations when people do not know the heritage
of the Latin word. Please see this link for an overview:
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/skole - It clearly shows how
widely used the word 'Skole' is in terms of education.

I strongly object any change of name.

--
(o_   / With regards,
//\-X   Leader, Free software in schools Norway (FRISK) - <www.skolelinux.no>