Re: KLIK - Userspace Software Installation

On Thu, 11 Oct 2007, RalfGesellensetter wrote:

Dear Andreas, I nearly am. But the more I google for security + klik +
linux, the more I wonder: Is there hard facts that proving KLIK's
harmfulness - or is it just a prejudice against easy-to-use systems?

I do not really discuss the potential to harm a system because it
was discussed much enough.  IMHO it is a nightmare for a service
provider (Debian-Edu provides the service of a certain solid system
to its users).  How can we know what the user who has a problem
really was running?  When enabling KLIK we really lose control over
the box of the user but he will make us responsible in the end.

Kind regards

          Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de