Re: New gen-control for Debian-Edu

[Andreas Tille]
> It seems I'm lacking permissons for checkin.

Right.  You need to be a project member.  Should I add you to the
debian-edu alioth project?

> I did some further changes in direction to build also Debian-Med
> control file from it, which is not yet possible.  One main question
> to discuss would be here:
>
>   Could you please explain the main idea behind the two packages
>   education-common
>   and education-tasks?

Yes.  The education-common metapackage is the equvalent of the
education-common tasksel task, and it is pulled in by all profiles
availabe for installation by the Debian Edu installer.  See
interdepend.dot for the dotty graph of the dependencies.

education-tasks is the package containing the tasksel data file to
allow it to install our tasks.

> In the context of CDD the <CDD>-common package is a special one
> which seems to be the case rather for education-tasks.

Actually, the config stuff in debian-edu is in a completely different
package.  If I got it right, the <CDD>-common package contain config
and menu overrides, while in Debian Edu, that is done by the
debian-edu-config package.

Happy hacking,