Re: redefining priorities for 3.0r1

Hi,

On Monday 23 July 2007 16:25, Holger Levsen wrote:
> Now I like to suggest the following "new" meaning to priorities:
>
> p1 = we need to fix this immediatly or within the next 5 days
> p2 = we will not release r1 without that fixed
> p3 = we want to fix that before we release r1, but maybe we will not manage
> p4 = we will not fix this for etch, but for lenny
> p5 = we will fix this someday
>
> Please comment.
>
> I also suggest we finalize a rough schedule for when we plan to release
> 3.0r1 at our next meeting on 2007-08-13 18:00 UTC. I'd suggest something
> like end of August or mid September.

After thinking about this a bit more, I came to a bit different proposal:

IMO we should aim to^w^w release 3.0r1 in a month, even if only/mostly with
documentation fixes (though other fixes are fine too). Then r2 another month
later. And then concentrate on lenny.

Therefore we could also say:

p1 = we need to fix this immediatly or within the next 5 days
p2 = we will not release r1 without that fixed
p3 = we will not release r2 without that fixed
p4 = we want to fix that before we release r2, but maybe we will not manage
p5 = we will not fix this for etch, but for lenny

What do you think?

regards,
	Holger