redefining priorities for 3.0r1

Hi,

on the 3rd of may I wrote a mail suggesting rules for defining priorities of
our bugs. Those suggestions became rules:

p1 = we cannot release without that fixed
p2 = we will not release without that fixed
p3 = we want to fix that before release, but maybe we will not manage
p4 = we will not fix this for etch, but for lenny
p5 = we will fix this someday

Now I like to suggest the following "new" meaning to priorities:

p1 = we need to fix this immediatly or within the next 5 days
p2 = we will not release r1 without that fixed
p3 = we want to fix that before we release r1, but maybe we will not manage
p4 = we will not fix this for etch, but for lenny
p5 = we will fix this someday

Please comment.

I also suggest we finalize a rough schedule for when we plan to release 3.0r1
at our next meeting on 2007-08-13 18:00 UTC. I'd suggest something like end
of August or mid September.

Please comment :)

Our definitions for severities are the same as those from bugzilla: :-)

Blocker:     Blocks development and/or testing work
Critical:    crashes, loss of data, severe memory leak
Major:       major loss of function
Normal:      loss of function
Minor:       minor loss of function, or other problem with an easy workaround
Trivial:     cosmetic problem like misspelled words or misaligned text
Enhancement: Request for enhancement

I really should put this on on a wikipage later...

regards,
	Holger