Re: redefining priorities for 3.0r1

[Holger Levsen]
> IMO we should aim to^w^w release 3.0r1 in a month, even if only/mostly with
> documentation fixes (though other fixes are fine too). Then r2 another month
> later. And then concentrate on lenny.

I believe this is too short time frame to manage much improvements,
especially since we have spent a lot of time on the r0 time frame, and
I suspect others like me will have to spend time on other projects
that has been waiting for a while.

> What do you think?

I liked your previous proposal better.

For r1, I want to

 - Upgrade the debian-cd build framework to the latest svn version.
 - Include a windows installer on the CDs and DVD.
 - Include on the DVD some Windows install packages for useful Windows
   software (OOo, Firefox, etc).
 - Update the documentation.
 - Find a way to check the SSL certificates when talking to the LDAP
   server, and fix lwat and samba to work with the new setup.
 - Update libpam-foreground to a clean backport from sid/lenny instead
   of our home patched version.
 - Change the task installation framework to handle language specific
   list of packages to install.
 - Update the network-manager packages to use a backport from unstable
   to fix some console user access issues. (And only install it in
   standalone and not workstation+laptops installs)

And for this I believe 1 month is to little.

Happy hacking,