Re: diskless workstations

[Nigel Barker]
> I'm trying to test diskless workstations by following the Howto on the
> wiki. I have got to the part about changing the repositories. I have
> changed /etc/apt/sources.list and /opt/ltsp/i386/etc/apt/sources.list as
> indicated. I have run apt-get update both inside and outside the chroot,
> yet still I get this errot when I try to run /usr/sbin/ltsp-make-client:

Great to hear that you are testing the script!  Note that you want to
run the latest one to get a few bugs fixed, so I suggest modifying
/etc/apt/sources.list to use the etch-test repository, and upgrade to
the latest debian-edu-config.

> error: Unable to use CD/DVD as source for converting the ltsp chroot
> error: to a diskless workstation.
> error: The reason is that the CD/DVD is not a signed APT repository.
> error: Edit /opt/ltsp/i386/etc/apt/sources.list to fix this.
>
> I can't see where I've gone wrong. The CD is commented out in both
> sources.list
>
> I am using RC4 DVD install.

Can you provide the content of /opt/ltsp/i386/etc/apt/sources.list?
It would be easier to help if we could see what it look like.

Btw, I noticed your .jp address.  It would be great if you could
install the japanese profile, and verify that all packages needed for
japanese input etc is installed and working out of the box.

Happy hacking,