Re: Notes on getting hotplug devices (USB sticks) to work in Debian Edu

Petter Reinholdtsen <pere@hungry.com> writes:

> The hal/dbus system have a concept called at_console (see
> /etc/dbus-1/system.d/hal.conf), and those affected by that policy get
> the access we want.  I've tracked this down to dbus checking
> "/var/run/console/<username>", and if it exist the user is considered
> at the console.

Can this also be used for CDROM handling? I'm on the exactly same
problem of group maintainence and would like to solve the issue as you
suggested but it would also need to handle CD-ROM and floopies access.

--
        O T A V I O    S A L V A D O R
 E-mail: otavio@debian.org      UIN: 5906116