Local hotplug devices are ready to be tested (Was: Notes on getting hotplug devices (USB sticks) to work in Debian Edu)

[Petter Reinholdtsen]
> I've added pam-foreground to the task list, and will add updated
> pam.d files to debian-edu-config.  I will next upload a new version
> of dbus to the debian-edu repository, and hopefully this will fix
> the problem.

All the pieces are now in place on the DVD.  Please test the etch-test
DVD, and let me know if it work or not.  I can't test it myself using
qemu, because I can't plug in an USB stick into it. :)

To get the image, use

  rsync -vt ftp.skolelinux.no::skolelinux-etch-test-dvd/debian-edu-i386-DVD-1.iso debian-edu-i386-DVD-1.iso

> Finally, we should get rid of the pam_group config granting group
> membership during login, as it no longer make sense to use.

Actually, it still make sense.  We need it to get access to the audio,
cdrom and video device, as well as the fuse device used by ltsp local
device access.

As far as I can tell, local hotplugged devices should now work out of
the box in Debian Edu, and with LTSP when the LOCALDEV=true is set in
lts.conf.  I assume the fuse kernel module is loaded on the thin
client server, but have not been able to verify it yet.  If it isn't,
we can either document that it need to be listed in /etc/modules next
to where we document the LOCALDEV=true setting, or make sure it is
loaded by default.

Friendly,